Grad Student Q&A's
See what our grad students have to say about their research, UCSB, and advice they have for students interested in a similar path.
The UCSB Chemical Engineering department is recognized as one of the most prestigious education and research programs in the world, our prestigious graduate program has been ranked #2 in the world by the most recent National Research Council rankings.
Our graduate researchers make a tremendous impact in a diverse range of fields. Read on to see some of their most recent awards and achievements.
Recent Graduate Awards & Achievements
- Graduate Student Max Nowak Chosen as Runner-Up in the 2017 Grad Slam
- 2nd Year Grad Students George Degen & Samantha McCuskey Receive NSF Fellowships
- Q&A with Graduate Student Alexandra Bayles
- Current Post Doc and Former Grad Student Emily Davidson Receives Award in DPOLY Poster Competition at APS
- Graduate Student Corinne Carpenter Receives the 2016 Hiroshi Ito Memorial Award from SPIE
- Congrats to the Grad Students who won awards at our 9th Annual Clorox Amgen Graduate Student Symposium
- Graduate Student Matthew Idso Awarded the Schlinger Fellowship for Excellence in Chemical Engineering Research for 2016-2017
- Graduate Student Jonathan Martin Awarded Mitsubishi Chemical Fellowship for 2016-2019
- Graduate Students Alexandra Bayles and Joseph Peterson Awarded CSP Technologies Teacher-Scholar Fellowships for 2016-17
- OSMO wins the 2016 UCSB Technology Management Program’s New Venture Competition
- Graduate Student John Henske Awarded a UCSB Affiliates Graduate Dissertation Fellowship