For complete academic requirements, view the 2021-22 General Engineering Academic Requirements (GEAR) catalog for all departments within the College of Engineering.
Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering
Preparation for the Major
The following 106 units are required:
- Chemical Engineering 5, 10
- Chemistry 1A or 2A, 1AL or 2AC, 1B or 2B, 1BL or 2BC, 1C or 2C, 1CL or 2CC, 6AL, 6BL, 109A or 109Ah, 109B or 109BH
- Engineering 3
- Mathematics 3A, 3B, 4A or 4AI, 4B or 4BI, 6A or 6AI, 6B
- Physics 1, 2, 3, 3L
- College of Engineering General Education Requirements
- and 32 units of non-major electives
Students who are not Chemical Engineering majors may be permitted to take lower division chemical engineering courses, subject to meeting prerequisites and grade point average requirements, availability of space, and consent of the instructor.
The following 81 units are required:
- Materials 101 or 100B
- Chemical Engineering 107, 110A, 110B, 132A, 120A, 128, 132B, 120B, 132C, 119, 120C, 140A, 180A, 140B, 152A, 180B, 184A, 184B
- Chemistry 113B, 113C
- 15 units of departmental electives, with at least 9 of the 15 in College of Engineering departments ChE, ECE, Materials, ME
Requirements: Total 187 units
Courses required for the major, inside or outside of the Department of Chemical Engineering, may not be taken for the pass/not passed grading option. They must be taken for letter grades.