Grad Student Q&A's
See what our grad students have to say about their research, UCSB, and advice they have for students interested in a similar path.
Q&A with 2016-2017 Schlinger Fellow Matthew Idso
Q&A with one of this year's CSP Technologies Teacher-Scholar Fellowship winners, Joseph Peterson
The UCSB Chemical Engineering department is recognized as one of the most prestigious education and research programs in the world, our prestigious graduate program has been ranked #2 in the world by the most recent National Research Council rankings.
Our graduate researchers make a tremendous impact in a diverse range of fields. Read on to see some of their most recent awards and achievements.
Recent Graduate Awards & Achievements
- Grad Student Justin Yoo Receives Award in Biochemical & Molecular Engineering Poster Competition
- Graduate Student Alex Schrader Awarded a UCSB Graduate Division Dissertation Fellowship
- Graduate Student Max Nowak Chosen as Runner-Up in the 2017 Grad Slam
- 2nd Year Grad Students George Degen & Samantha McCuskey Receive NSF Fellowships
- Q&A with Graduate Student Alexandra Bayles
- Current Post Doc and Former Grad Student Emily Davidson Receives Award in DPOLY Poster Competition at APS
- Graduate Student Corinne Carpenter Receives the 2016 Hiroshi Ito Memorial Award from SPIE
- Congrats to the Grad Students who won awards at our 9th Annual Clorox Amgen Graduate Student Symposium
- Graduate Student Matthew Idso Awarded the Schlinger Fellowship for Excellence in Chemical Engineering Research for 2016-2017
- Graduate Student Jonathan Martin Awarded Mitsubishi Chemical Fellowship for 2016-2019
- Graduate Students Alexandra Bayles and Joseph Peterson Awarded CSP Technologies Teacher-Scholar Fellowships for 2016-17
- OSMO wins the 2016 UCSB Technology Management Program’s New Venture Competition
- Graduate Student John Henske Awarded a UCSB Affiliates Graduate Dissertation Fellowship